We first had a workshop on Canon 5D mark II.
- The on button is to the right of the screen and you push it up.
- Clear the settings (menu -> third yellow screen)
- First format the memory card (menu -> third yellow screen)
- Change the Live function settings (menu -> yellow screen -> Live View -> LV func. settings -> Stills and moving)
- Resize movie screen (menu -> yellow screen -> Live View -> LV func. settings -> Movie rec size -> 1920 x 1080 25 frames per sec)
- Sound recording (menu -> yellow screen -> Live View -> LV func. settings -> Movie rec size -> sound recording -> Manual)
- Make sure camera is on manual mode (top dial)
- Shutter speed should be a 50th second.
- ISO should be either: 100, 160, 200, 320 or 640.
- Apature can be changed.
- Change to Live View: Top left of screen
- To record click in the centre of the round dial to the right of the screen.
We split a reading list between us and I had the first first pages of The Work of Art in the Age of Mechanical Reproduction, Walter Benjamin. It was interesting read the main point was about the future of photography and if we reproduce photos do they still have the same impact and value? For example the Mona Lisa is thought of as one of the greatest paintings but does it still have the same value or impact if it is on a postcard or magnet? But this is such a huge issue today as a lot of photos are online they can be easily reproduced by sharing the link to your friends.