Adobe Premier Pro:
Helpful tip: Keep organised between projects – keep all media for each project in separate folders.
For a new project:
- Open up Adobe Premier Pro
- New Project
- Location -> folder of media you are using
- Click on digital SLR -> 1080p and choose the frames per second you used. (usually 25)
- Usually you would be working in the workspace ‘Editing’
- File -> import -> find the folder/files you are using
- Movie files need to have the same frame rate.
- If you have clicked on the wrong frame rare (file -> new)
- The movies you want to use will come into the bottom left window (dependent on workspace)
- Double click on the movie/clip you wish to edit.
- Left and right arrow keys move between each frame
- J and L keys speed through the video forward (L) and backward (J) double click on the keys to speed up even further.
- I button marks in where you want to start clip (when taking out a part of a clip to form your video)
- O button marks out
There are two types of edits:
- Over right – take out a clip and put it over the top of another to remove that segment (drag and drop)
- Insert to insert and not remove anything else (click and cmd key)
There are two ways of deleting a clip:
- Lift delete – leaves a gap between clips (back space)
- Ripple delete – removes the clip and the gap (alt and backspace)