This is a module you have to run yourself. But it gives you the chance to try things out.
There are ways to help you: IEMS/Erasmus.
You can log the work you do on your blog (link to follow)
It is 20 days as a minimum.
1: Deadline 07.01.2014 – 1500 words explaining :
- What you want to do.
- How it will fit.
- How you will and have prepared.
2. Deadline 14.05.2014 you will have to present them:
- Summary of what you have learnt.
- How you will apply what you learnt.
- Present as a 5 minute video.
Anything to do with:
- Cover letters
- Support with placements
- Setting up own business.
- There’s a handbook on moodle to help.
- Once you have a placement talk to tutors.
- There’s an online WP01 form.
- Then you need to do a risk assessment with tutor.
- Once placement is complete fill out an evaluation form.
Health and Safety
- Need to think of potential risks.
- Where will you be? Will there be diseases etc there?
- What will be at the place?
- How can things harm you?
- Section 1 & 3 are about being within the UK.
- Section 2 is outside the UK
- Stands for strengths, weaknesses, opportunities or threats.
- Strengths and weaknesses are more to do with internal or your personality.
- Opportunities and threats are to do with external problems.
- Strengths and opportunities are positives
- Weaknesses and threats or negatives
- Before the placement starts you need to make sure the negatives becomes positives.
We designed the a SWOT analysis for this module: