The definition of the selfie:
I searched for ” #selfie ” on instragram, here’s what I found:
When thinking about what an uncliched selfie I thought it’s best to start off with what a cliche selfie is.
- Selfies are normally good looking
- You see a person at their best
- It’s taken from a height (sometimes)
- You see the person in the shot.
- Normally taken on a phone, occasionally a compact camera.
So even doing a video is slightly uncliched although in this article there are some selfie videos.
I have decided that I will do a video that is the opposite of what I mentioned above.
- I won’t be in the video
- I will mainly use found footage.
- I will do it of my unattractive qualities/traits of mine.
When I thought about what bad qualities I have here is what came to mind:
- Hating people and not really caring about them
- Being paranoid or nervous about things
- My anger
So I have created a 16second video (I know it should have been 30 but I like what I did and I didn’t feel I should add to it.
I have used audio from one of my favourite TV shows Parks and Recreation, a song and an explosion.
- The first says “Eugh do we have to do something nice now?” slightly referring to the fact a selfie should be nice but also I try not to do things that are nice for people, which came from Parks and Rec
- You then hear creepy music and whispering this slightly relates to my nervousness.
- Then you hear and see an explosion which is this idea of hate and rage.
- Then the screaming is from the Parks and Rec relating to anger again.
- And the final line is fairly self explanatory and again it’s from Parks and Rec.
Here it is: